IBM® End of Support date: February 17, 2016
Status: Supported by TeamKCI
Request A Quote
TeamKCI has extensive hands on experience with IBM® 2109-M48 directors and continues to maintain and repair them. Parts and replacement units are in stock and can ship overnight.
TeamKCI will continue to support these units for as long as you use them.
Let TeamKCI help you design the most cost-effective IBM® Storage Area Network Solution.
The IBM® 2109-M48 Director, also known as the IBM® SAN256B, delivers 4, 8 and 10 Gbps Fibre Channel performance, high availability, multiprotocol connectivity, and broad investment protection for enterprise SANs. It scales non-disruptively from 32 to as many as 384 concurrently active 4 or 8 Gbps full-duplex ports in a single domain. In addition, it supports blades for Fibre Channel Routing, FCIP, iSCSI, and fabric-based applications. The IBM® 2109-M48 also provides Gbps power and cooling efficiency, helping to reduce the total cost of ownership.
Used & Refurbished IBM® Options
Support – TeamKCI is the leading maintenance provider of IBM® legacy hardware, offering premier support with four attractive SLAs: 24 x 7 x 4hour onsite response; 11 x 5 x 4hour onsite response time 24 x 7 NBD response; 9 x 5 NBD response. Round-the-clock tech support is standard with each SLA. We guaranty you will speak to a qualified engineer within 15 minutes of placing a service call any time of day or night. We support call home and dial-in features. And, will even store spare parts on your premises at no additional cost. You won’t find better third-party IBM® support anywhere.
Hardware – TeamKCI sells pre-owned tested and guaranteed IBM® switches, directors, remote switches and routers at huge savings over the manufacturer’s list price. All pre-owned IBM® hardware is meticulously tested, and burned in for 24 hours. Checkout TeamKCI prices. TeamKCI is the financial alternative option that will maximize your IT dollar. Coupled with our 90-day replacement warranty.
Warranty & Support – TeamKCI offers a 90-day warranty and 9-5 technical support on all refurbished IBM® 2109-M48 (SAN256B) directors and all other pre-owned refurbished IBM® SAN equipment we sell. Extended warranties and 24x7x4 onsite support are also available for an additional charge. Learn more.
How to Get Started?
For more information on a IBM® 2109-M48 or any other IBM® product simply complete the TeamKCI Quick Quote form on this page or call TeamKCI at 201-934-6500 Ext. 11 for immediate assistance.
Up to eight 16, 32, or 48 port Fiber Channel Blades
TeamKCI maintenance services offer:
- Spare parts stored on premises to facilitate rapid repairs and ensure that most problems can be handled with a single maintenance call.
- A 24 x 7 response capability that allows our customers to speak with a product specialist within thirty minutes of placing a call any time of day or night.
- Utilization of machine resident “dial-in” and “call home” features to quickly identify and diagnose anomalies before they become major problems.
- On site response time of four hours or less.
- Our pledge to only use tested OEM parts.
- Prices that are at a minimum 50% less than the OEM’s list price.
- Our promise to maintain your legacy equipment for as long as you choose to use it. TeamKCI has no End-of-Life or End-of-Support dates. We have never dropped service on any product we accepted for maintenance until our very last customer had stopped using it.
- A lifetime rate guarantee never to escalate your initial rate.
- Operational software support for all software and firmware you are using at its current EC level.
IBM is trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide.